Interns in the Hickory-based option will complete the internship in locations within 1 hour drive of Hickory. NC. The intern is required to live in the internship location area regardless of where the intern resides at the time of application. Preceptors and locations are identified for each Hickory based intern.
Examples of rotation sites used in the past for the Hickory based option include:
- Caldwell Hospital and County Health Department in Lenoir, NC
- Carolinas Medical Center-Lincoln in Lincolnton, NC
- Caromont Regional Medical Center in Gastonia, NC
- Frye Regional Medical Center in Hickory, NC
- Iredell Memorial Hospital in Statesville, NC
- Catawba Valley Medical Center in Hickory, NC
- Grace Memorial Hospital in Morganton, NC
- Healthy House in Hickory, NC
- Catawba Diabetes Center in Conover, NC
- Catawba Health Department in Hickory, NC
- Solamaz Institute in Hickory, NC
- Hickory Public Schools
All dietetic interns will complete a clinical (560 hours), community (400 hours), and administrative (240 hours) rotation, as well as a two-week ( 80 hours) enrichment rotation of the Intern's choice.
Clinical Rotation includes experience in outpatient services (diabetes center, surgical weight loss, eating disorders, and/or women's health), and/or acute care, includng general medical, cardiac, gastrointestinal, surgical, oncology, renal/dialysis, rehabilitation/orthopedics, intensive care/nutrition support, and staff relief.
Community Rotation includes experience in public health, WIC, childhood/adolescent nutrition, and long-term care.
Administrative Rotation includes experience in hospital foodservice management or school nutrition.
Enrichment Opportunities are the student's choice. Potential enrichment experience includes corporate wellness, sports nutrition, nutrition consulting, additional nutrition support experience, or experience in a community nutrition organization such as a food bank or farm-to-school program.
Questions? Please email Tonya Harris, Hickory Program Coordinator at email@example.com