9 of the 18 Dietetic Internship program credit hours go towards Lenoir-Rhyne University's Master of Public Health. We automatically consider you for admission to our Master of Public Health program with your Dietetic Internship application materials.
Each applicant must meet the following minimum criteria:
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 2.7 on a 4.0 scale
- A grade of B on all recommended DPD courses. If you have made a grade lower than a B in any DPD course, please provide a written explanation in your required essays.
- Minimum GRE scores of 147 each in the verbal and quantitative reasoning sections, and 3.5 analytical writing.
Instructions for Application
Submitting an application to our program involves three steps:
- Submission of application materials through the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Service (DICAS)
- Submission of official GRE scores (if applicant does not/will not have a master's degree by internship start) and application fee to Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Register with D&D Digital and prioritize the program for matching
Step 1. DICAS Application
- Submit a completed application through DICAS (https://portal.dicas.org). You will not need to submit another application to Lenoir-Rhyne.
- The fee to submit an application through DICAS is $40 for the first application and $20 for each additional application.
- Submit official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended.
- Include a verification statement indicating completion of required coursework from an ACEND accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), or a "Declaration of Intent" if DPD courses are still in progress. Your DPD Director will review and approve this verification electronically through DICAS.
- Submit a self reported copy of your test scores.
- Submit three (3) recommendations completed by professionals attesting to your ability.
- Submit a CV or resume.
- Students applying to the distance option must submit a signed statement from their proposed clinical rotation preceptor, which documents willingness to precept the student if their application to the program is accepted. The statement can be brief and should be on their organizational letterhead. The statement should be uploaded into DICAS with the supplemental information. Please do not email the statement separately.
- Note, we only need a statement from the proposed clinical preceptor at application. If accepted into the program, forms will be provided to the student which will need to be completed for each rotation.
9. Upload with the supplemental information a document answering the following questions. Please limit your reponse to 250 words or less per question. You may address these questions in your personal statement instead of providing a separate document, if desired.
- Explain your interest in Lenoir-Rhyne University's Dietetic Internship program.
- What are your short term and long term professional and educational goals?
- What skills or talents do you possess that will enrich Lenoir-Rhyne's Dietetic Internship program?
Step 2. Submit the following directly to Lenoir-Rhyne University:
- Official GRE scores sent to Lenoir-Rhyne University, Division of Enrollment Management, PO Box 7227, Hickory, NC 28603. GRE scores are not required for those students who have earned a master's degree or will complete one prior to the internship start.
- A non-refundable $35 application fee. This fee may be mailed to Lenoir-Rhyne University, Division of Enrollment Management, PO Box 7227, Hickory, NC 28603, or paid online at http://businessoffice.lr.edu/payment-options.
- If accepted into the Solmaz Institute Dietetic Internship program, an original, signed verification statement from your DPD program will be required prior to program start.
Step 3. Register with D&D Digital and rank the program for computer matching
- Applicants must register with D&D Digital ( http://dnddigital.com) and prioritize the program for computer matching
- There is a $50 fee to register with D&D Digital
- The deadline for submitting matching information online through D&D Digital for April 2015 matching is February 15, 2015